Dr Stephen Wassall
Dr Stephen Wassall was born on the New South Wales Central Coast. He completed junior schooling locally before attending St Joseph's College, Hunters Hill between 1982 and 1984. He was awarded dux of St Joseph's College in 1984.
He attended Sydney University between 1985 and 1989. He boarded at Wesley College, representing Wesley in both cricket and Rugby. He was awarded his Medical Degree in 1990, graduating with Honours. He was an intern, resident and registrar at Gosford Hospital until 1993. His hospital based training include rotations in Surgery, General Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Paediatrics, Intensive Care, Psychiatry, Drug and Alcohol, Sexual Health and Palliative Care.
After this time he entered General Practice. He worked in his own solo Practice in Wamberal between 1996 and 1999. He joined Terrigal Medical Centre in 1999 and has worked at the Mediskin Clinic between 2003 and 2011. In 2011 Mediskin Clinic became Skin Integrity and Dr Wassall began working exclusively in the fields of Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
He has been practising Skin Cancer Medicine since 1997 and was the first doctor on the Central Coast to use a Molemax machine for photographing suspicious moles for future comparision. He began performing non-invasive facial rejuvenation procedures in 2002.
Dr Wassall is an active member of the local community and is married with three children. Apart from spending time with family and friends, he enjoys surfing, mountain bike riding and golf.
University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MB;BS) (Hons)
Recognised Post Graduate Qualifications
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Masters of Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine (MMed); University of Queensland
Academic Awards, Positions and Memberships
- Member Skin Cancer College of Australia and New Zealand (SCCANZ)
- Certificate of Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine (High Distinction) (SCCANZ)
- Member Australasian Society of Cosmetic Medicine (ASCM)
- Member International Dermoscopy Society
Other relevant Training, Seminars and Workshops
- Supervised training in the use of cosmetic injectables and dermal fillers. Training commenced in 2002 and is ongoing.
- Basic Cosmetic Injection Training (Allergan)
- AdvancedCosmetic Injection Training (Allergan)
- Cosmetic Injection Training (Inamed)
- Cosmetic Injection Training (Sanofi Aventis)
- Dermal Filler Injection Training (Q-Med)
- Dermal Filler Injection Training (Allergan)
- Dermal Filler Advanced Techniques including tear troughs, brow lifing, periorbital rejuvenation, cheek augmentation (Allergan)
- Advanced Cosmetic Injection and Dermal Filler Masterclass, 2012. Hosted by Dr Mauricio De Maio. Sponsored by Allergan.
- Facial Transformation Master Class: An injectables Workshop for Advanced Practitioners, 2012. Hosted by Dr Steven Liew and Dr Herve Raspaldo. Sponsored by Allergan.
- Facial Assessment, Prioritisation and Planning Masterclass, 2012. Hosted by Dr Stefania Roberts. Sponsored by Allergan.
- Cosmetic Injection and Dermal Filler Masterclass, 2011. Hosted by Dr Mauricio De Maio. Sponsored by Allergan.
- Dermal Filler / Cosmetic Injection and Medium Depth Chemical Peel Workshop, 2007. Hosted by ASCM
- American Society of Aesthetics and Mesotherapy (ASAM), 2 day conference on Mesotherapy, Las Vegas, 2004.
- Surgical Workshop, 2006. (Univerity of Queensland as part of Masters Degree in Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine)
- Current Perspectives in Melanoma Diagnosis and Management, 2006. (Hosted by Sydney Melanoma Unit)
- International Dermoscopy Masterclass Delegate, 2007. Hosted by SCCANZ
- Skin Cancer Conference Delegate, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011. Hosted by SCCANZ
- ACCS, CPSA & AAFPS Conference Delegate, 2008, 2009, 2011. Sponsored by Allergan in 2009, 2011
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Registration Number: MED0001551970